By registering with Keyzy (a trading name of Kollitom Ltd) you are entrusting us with your personal data. Your privacy is protected by law, and it is also protected by our privacy policies. This page gives you an idea of how we use your data and the safeguards we put in place to protect it.
You can contact our voluntarily appointed Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. If you have any concerns or wish to exercise your rights or you can write to us at Keyzy (Kollitom Ltd), 48 Warwick Street, London, W1A 5AW.
To help you on your home owner journey we will need data about you and your circumstances. We make the following promises about how we will treat this data:
- We will only collect data about you that is relevant and necessary;
- Your data will only be held on systems that meet compliance standards;
- Your data will only be accessed by those who need it, and we will minimise the amount of data that is processed, wherever possible;
- We will only share data with third parties that meet our own privacy standards for the purposes of trying to secure you funding unless either you have agreed to share data, we are required to share it by law or we need to fulfil our service commitments to you through a;
- We will always remember that it is your personal data, not ours. As such we will ensure complete transparency and openness with you wherever possible.
- We respect your rights as outlined in the next section and will respond to all requests promptly
Or, you can email us on [email protected]
You may have the following rights over any data we hold about you:
- Right to object to processing at any time
- Right to opt out of marketing at any time
- Right to have inaccurate data corrected
- Right to erasure of personal data from our database
- Right to export of personal data
You can read more about your rights here.
If you would like to uphold your rights then please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
If you are in dissatisfied with our response you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
We collect information about you in two key ways:
- From you – For example, you have shared information for us to assess your suitability for our product, emailed us, called us, signed up or our newsletter, sent us a CV or met one of us at events or meetings or have approached us on social media;
- From others – This is data about you that we may hold from referrals, resellers or proactive marketing activity or from credit agencies to assess your suitability or our product.
We try and minimise the personal data held on you. Typically, this is restricted to the information needed to buy a home with our partners:
- Identity Data including your first name, last name, current and previous address and date of birth.
- Contact Data including email address, telephone numbers, home address, employer address, employer name.
- Account Data including information you give us when you register your account.
- Financial Data including account and card payment details, bank income, savings, spending and credit history.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the website and services.
- Application Data including details about your family and living situation, property preferences and housing history.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your consent, if required, to get updates from us.
In some cases, we may need to process “special categories” of your personal data. We will not usually ask for this type of data. We will only ask if we think it is causing a difficulty with your account. We will always explain why we are asking for it and how we might use it.
Our website and other materials sent to you may contain links to other third party websites. We may also offer buttons to social media that link to third party services. We’re not responsible for the content or the data privacy these sites provide through their tools or sites.
Processing your Data
Data is processed/stored locally and on encrypted third party hosted cloud services such as Box.
As such, some data will either be in UK, EEA/EU data centres or on US based servers that have demonstrated strong Data Security. We may also process your data in countries outside the UK or European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
Further to Section 119A of the Data Protection Act 2018 and noting Case C-311/18 in the European Court of Justice, if your data is transferred or processed outside of the UK or EEA we ensure the safeguards of International Data Transfer Agreements (IDTAs) or Addendums are enforced. Where this is not possible, we ensure that European Standard Contractual Clauses are entered.
We regularly review suppliers for data security compliance to ensure your data is safe and track where your data is held.
What we use your Data for
We use your data primarily to qualify you as a potential Keyzy customer. We might use your information to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product;
- Ensure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances;
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us;
- Prevent criminal activity, e.g. fraud and money laundering;
- Manage your account(s);
- Trace and recover any debts;
- Provide marketing information about us and our services (you can unsubscribe any time)
- Let you know about any changes to the website and service
- Work out if you are a suitable candidate if you apply for a employment role
- Collect and share credit data about you and other applicant
- Prevent criminal activity, e.g. fraud and money laundering;
Calls may be recorded for information holding, quality and training purposes. All our processes are subject to various internal policies to ensure that your data privacy and security is upheld.
Credit Reference Checks
As part of our process, we carry out credit and identity checks with one or more credit reference agencies (CRAs). We submit your personal information to the CRAs as part of processing your application.
If you become a Keyzy customer we may also do regular checks in the future to manage your account.
The information regarding your rental payments and track record as a tenant, will be shared with Equifax Ltd. Equifax will add this information to the credit reference data it holds about You and use it as a controller, in accordance with its fair processing notice (a copy of which can be found by following the link below), including to assist other landlords and organisations to:
We will continue to exchange information about you with CRA’s while you have a relationship with us. We will also inform the CRA’s about your settled accounts. If you borrow and do not repay in full or on time, CRA’s will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRA’s.
When CRA’s receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders.
If you would like to see more information on these, and to understand how the credit reference agencies each use and share rental data as bureau data (including the legitimate interests each pursues) this information is provided in this link: www.equifax.co.uk/crain (Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (CRAIN)). (For a paper copy, please get in touch with us or with Equifax).
Please be aware that Equifax may continue to hold and use your information following any termination of your services.
If you are making a joint application, or tell us that you have a spouse of a financial associate, we will link your records together, so you should make sure you discuss this with them, and share with them this information, before lodging the application.
CRA’s will also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRA’s to break the link.
Sharing your Data
So we can give you the best service, we might need to share your personal information with other trusted third parties in addition to Credit Reference Companies. For example, we may share your information with other entities that have partnerships with Kollitom Ltd.
We will not share your information with other organisations except as part of providing a product or service to you and/or when legally obliged to.
Retaining your Data
Dependant on the data you provide us and for what purpose it is provided we may need to retain your data for up to 6 years after you are no longer a customer of us. If you wish to find out more about your specific data retention, please contact us.
Every marketing email sent from us allows you to opt out of receiving further emails from us, except for the purposes of fulfilling any contractual arrangements.
You can also contact us at the email address above and request to opt out, view, export or delete your data.
If you request for your data to be deleted, your name and email address will be added to an exceptions list and all other data removed to the extent possible, except where we are legally obliged to retain the data or where we need your data to fulfil our service to you.
We seek to uphold our legal obligations as covered by the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. Our Data Protection Authority is designated as the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).